Monday, August 15, 2011

Tutorial for creating a layout, borders and Rose Bloom...with the "Somewhere in Time" August Kit

Hello Everyone!  Today I'm here to share the very simple process I have used in putting together a negative space layout with your August kit....or my version of negative space:)  I have always been challenged with negative space.

For this layout I will show the simple steps I have used to add embellishments to my page using the corrugated Kraft Paper included in the kit. I have created a punched border, a rose bloom and punched butterflies. I have also used a bit of the burlap for some small accents.
 
To begin I chose a sheet of patterned paper and knew I would use 3 photos for my page. Next I decided where I would place my photos. I then cut a  layer of paper and strip of paper for placing my photos on.
(1) Choose paper
(2) Gather photos/decide on placement
(3) Cut a layer to place your photos on
Using one of my punches I punched a strip out of the Corrugated Kraft paper for a boarder underneath my photos.


Next I cut another strip of paper adhered it to the boarder where I will place my photos, and accented the boarder with some distress paint.Distressing the papers as I go.
I have cut a couple of pieces from the punched strip to layer the boarder

Here is what the page looks like
How I created the Rose Bloom...  **NOTE** This is just one my versions of using this Tattered Floral Die Cut. I have made up a Water Distressed Rose Bloom awhile back using this die, and I'm certain there are many tutorials using this die.

Distressed Rose Bloom using Corrugated Kraft Paper
Cut 2 layers of petals with the Corrugated paper and 2 layers with the patterned paper. Using scissors I roughed up the edges of all the petals a bit. Start layering your flower Corrugated paper first then patterned paper.Continue to build your flower glue the very center down of each layer stacking the layers.
I snipped the petals for the top layer to bend it easier
Here's what you will have
Now using the smallest layers make your center for the bloom
Adhere the small center inside.Here I have just pushed up the small petals and pushed them together forming a bud.
Added some punched butterflies
From the burlap I just snipped out some leaf shapes.And pulled some string to tie on my boarder.

Finally adding my title

Hope you enjoy creating using your Corrugated Kraft Paper and the "Somewhere in Time" Kit!!
Happy Scrapping:)
Tina  xo







9 comments:

  1. cool work thanks for sharring..
    byeee,Lean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ależ przepiękne LO =]
    Cudowne =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this tutorial! I need all the help I can get on negative space. Negative space in scrapbooking is such a mind-bender for me - so I will definitely be trying this out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! The space certainly doesn't look negative now! I love the flower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes negative space is my downfall too...this is just gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful... I have been trying to decide if I should purchase a Bigshot or Bigkick and seeing your tutorial and that great die for the flowers, I just have to go get it!!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. maravilhoso, amei seu tutorial, lindos seus trabalhos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tina, thanks so much for sharing this great tutorial. You have inspired me to give this on a try, i do love working with corrugated paper.
    ava

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the tutorial on making the rose

    ReplyDelete