Sunday, January 29, 2012

Layering 101

  


Hello everyone! 

It's Robin with a tip on layering.  I love using lots and lots of layers on my projects.  The trick is, not to go overboard.   I have been asked by many new scrapbookers about my layering process.  I don't really have process, but I will share how I began layering.

The easiest way to begin layering is to chose a specific paper collection.  Here, I have used the "Olde Curiosity Shoppe" collection from Graphic 45.  If you are just beginning to add layers and dimension to your projects, I find using a collection is a great help.  The papers all coordinate which makes it easier.  I love using circles, rectangles and squares behind my photos.  Simple matting also creates a dramatic effect without a lot of fuss.



Creating custom embellishments using coordinated collections also helps.  You can use your die cutting machines or templates you have to create one-of-a-kind embellishments which further add to your layers. 



Remember to have fun when you try new techniques. Practice makes perfect and you will be layering in no time!  Enjoy!

Robin

2 comments:

  1. Robin this is gorgeous and thanks for sharing a little insight in how your layers and layouts and cards are always so beautiful!!! I was getting a little worried about you guys, you haven't posted in sooooo long... good to hear from you!
    Crafty Hugs,
    Pendra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin thanks for sharing your love of creating beauty!!!
    ava

    ReplyDelete