Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Shimmery Butterfly Tutorial

Hi everyone...hope you all enjoyed the Easter Break! Sandi here today to share a very simple tutorial on how I made the butterflies for the April Kit reveal.
Here is what the finished butterfly will look like. I managed to get a better picture today in the sunlight but it is still much prettier in real life!Here is what you will need:
1.Butterfly Images. I cut mine from Bo Bunny Country Garden Collection
2. Clear Micro beads. I got mine at the Dollar Store but I know Martha Stewart sells them and you can also get them on ebay. I need more!
3. Dimensional adhesive such as Glossy accents or Diamond Glaze
Step one: Cover the butterfly with a thin coat of adhesive so it looks like this

Step 2: Using something to catch the beads(I used a piece of paper) Sprinkle the beads over the butterfly until it is completely covered.
Step 3: Let dry or you may use a heat gun to speed up the process
This is the end result
I love how the color reflects through the beads. You can also just trace with the glue along the edges or on the wings if you want to create a pattern like I did here:
Either way gives beautiful sparkly results and you can also do this on flowers! Give it a try and I bet you will agree that pictures doesn't show how pretty they really are. Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. I love it Sandi.. hardly can wait to try! Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete