Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Gerry Van Gent's June Kit Tutorial

ScrapThat!'s
 June Featured Guest Designer
has created a beautiful build a page tutorial to share with us all today!

Ever wonder how to create a beautifully detailed layout?
Gerry shared with us below the make up of one of her gorgeous page's using
ScrapThat!'s June Kit



I love adding personal touches to my layouts and one of the ways to do so is to hand-stitch. On this layout I hand-stitched the circle on the background and added lacy border to it.
 

I used a round plate to outline the circle. Pricked holes and then I hand-stitched.
1. I chose a punch appropriate for my design. In this case Martha Stewart`s "Vintage Floral" was perfect.
2. I cut out only the florals.
3. Then I adhered them.


Once I was ready I began decorating. The photo was matted on this punched strip of paper. It was resized according to my hand-stitched circle. I also cut part of the circle with the quote so I can insert part of the punched strip.


 
 
 
The white ZVA Tulle Flower was originally big. What I did was to remove the last layer of petals.





With the leftover petals I matted the circle with the quote.

What great idea's Gerry shared, if you would like to see more from
Gerry Van Gent
please visit her blog

gerryscrafts.blogspot.com

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for a little "back ground" tip Gerry! What a great idea to remove the outer leaves of the flower...will certainly remember that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome tip! Thanks for sharing! I was wondering how you made your background for this layout!

    ReplyDelete