Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Tracey G.s December Kit Creations

Hi! Tracey G. here!
I hope you have had a chance to check out ScrapThat!s beautiful December Christmas themed kit. Here are some details on my creations:
Here is my first layout, using only the goodies from the main kit:

 
I made the snowflakes in the background with molding paste and a snowflake stencil from Wal-mart. I sprinkled in some Glamour dust while it was still wet for some extra sparkle. The hanging ornaments were fussy cut and embellished with some pearls and snowflakes also in the kit. I undid the gold ribbon for a looser look. The bells were embossed and then crackled. The pic is my daughter from last year's photo shoot. She is the only one who enjoys them!

My second Layout,using the add-ons, is based on Amarilys' gorgeous sketch:


The pic is from the Radio City Music Hall's Christmas show in New York City. The final nativity scene is so powerful and beautiful. The trees are Dusty Attic from my stash. ScrapThat! places orders periodically-great opportunity to pick up some new pieces! I will be giving a tutorial on how I treated the trees to the multiple layers of color and crackle. The angels were distressed to give them a more vintage look.

My third layout is also a combination of the main kit and the add-ons,with the doilies from my stash.

Aren't these Prima flowers stunning? The Dusty attic pieces here are both from the kit. For the candle, I embossed the pewter piece, painted the candle with distress paint, tapped glamour dust into the clear embossing on the flame and use a white glossy enamel on the melted candle section. I like the dimension it took on. Lots of water distressing with shimmery watercolors and some random punching. The pic is my sweet niece Vivi from Thanksgiving day and yes, that is a princess dress she is wearing. It's not just for ballrooms anymore!

Thanks for stopping by, and I hope I inspired a little creativity! Be sure to stop by the ScrapThat! Gallery to see what the rest of the talented design team has created with this kit!

No comments:

Post a Comment