Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Sandi C's February Kit Creations!


Hello, Scrap That! friends! Today I am sharing my creations with the February kit "With Love" featuring Prima's Romance Novel collection. 

First up is a layout based on Amarylis' sketch. Be sure to check out her sketch challenge over in the Forum as well as the DT challenge on layering that I am hosting. We'd love to have you play along! 


"Unforgettable Sopapilla" 
Main kit, Flower Add-on, stash

This was such a fun page to do! As part of a dgd's graduation luncheon, we went to a great restaurant on the Riverwalk at the Gaylord Texan. A couple of the gals shared this gorgeously presented, as well as yummy, flute of sopapillas with honey! I've done lots of layering, some deep distressing and even got out the Circut to create my title. The Pima flowers were so perfect for this color scheme that I just had to use them here.  I loved using the square doily included in the Main kit as an extra layer.  All the sheets with cut-outs were resources for subtitles, quotes or simply as tags. The black Prima swirl is from my stash as is the curled jute. 

Just a close-up of the tabs. 

Another close-up of the floral cluster and netting. The leaf is from last month's kit. 

_________

Next, a more romantic page with plenty of feminine touches.

"A Perfect Day"
Main kit only plus some personal stash

This photo was taken the same day as the one used about. A big shout out to Kristen Alexander for being our photographer that day and for sharing her photos! This one is really special to me because it shows my sweet dd, dgds and their friends taking things a bit slower that day to accommodate a couple of grandmothers who were not able to keep the pace as easily that day. I've written a note about how much that meant to me and placed it on the little floral pint envelope I created with the kit and placed above the photo.

As you can see I also use a Donna Downey (Prima) stencil and some molding paste to use on my bacakground.  Although a bit of it is covered, I just had to use it! The punch work around the edges is a Martha Stewart Swirling Lace punch and on the pink panel is it her Scroll Heart punch. Behind the peek-a-boo is a piece using the Floral Vine punch. 


The floral cluster including a blue Manor House bloom from my stash as well as a Prima Romance Novel trinket. But don't you love that soft pink bloom? I've chalked the edges of it a bit for definition. 

Close-up of the peek-a-boo where I've added the pink and white twine and a small pink bloom both from the main kit. 

Close-up of the tags and my (floral) secret journaling envelope! 

________

And last but not least:

"Ride On"
Main kit, Flower Add-on, Embellishment Add-on, stash

I always enjoy doing a round layout now and then! Helena Johansson is my inspiration for doing them!  I will be doing a Build a Page tutorial on this layout on February 8th, so I won't go into a lot of detail here. Be sure to come back and hear all about how I created this one. 

The photo is of my dgd Marianne riding her tricycle and grinning all the way! You can see that I've added lots of flowers, trims, and other embellies from the main kit and from the EAO as well as the FAO.  I did tuck in a couple of bright blue flowers to bring out the blues a bit more both from the photo as well as the patterned paper. Butterfly courtesy of Lisa Gregory. 

Just a close-up of the doily edge I'll be talking about during my BAP tutorial. 

Thanks for coming by! I love reading all your sweet comments! 


2 comments:

  1. What amazing pages, Sandi!! Love the hidden journal envelope and stenciled flowers!! I'm looking forward to your BAP!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful work Sandi! LOVE your first layout based on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete