Saturday, April 20, 2013

Tracey's April Featured Projects


Hi, it's Tracey S. here to share my ScrapThat! April Kit projects with you.

It's no secret that I enjoy designing with Donna Salazar's lovely designs, so it was a special treat for me to create projects with the fabulous ScrapThat! April Kit!! 

First up, I'd like to share a layout of our new son on his wedding day as he contemplated his future with our Elizabeth before the ceremony. When creating this page, I was inspired by the work Frank Garcia has been doing with cording.

"The Journey Awakens the Soul"
MK, EAO, FAO

Close-Ups
You can see the dimension much better in this photo. I tucked banner flags cut from kit burlap and handcrafted flowers underneath the rolled paper rays. I created the flowers with thick handmade mulberry paper using Donna Salazars Rose Creations and Bitty Blossoms dies. The flower centers are the sweet metal roses from the EOA Kit and the Prima corded hearts were perfect to edge this corner. 


The April FAO included this gorgeous Prima focal flower and the main kit included the sweet smaller Prima Flower. I kept a neutral color palette for a masculine feel and cut these gears using Donna Salazar's Sprightly Sprockets dies from a scrap of thin chipboard like the kind found on the back of paper packs. I painted them black then used Ranger gold paint dabber on top. While still wet, I used a heat tool to bubble the paint for added texture. The chipboard pieces are from my stash.

I am hosting the DT Challenge this month. The challenge is to use cording, thread, fabric - some kind of fiber other than lace or ribbon on your project. Stop by the forum for the details and to enter your project. There is a fabulous Prima paper pack prize, and if there are 10 or more entries, I will be giving away 6 of my handcrafted twine flowers in a variety of sizes and spring colors. 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

This next page is of my niece, the flower girl, in Elizabeth's wedding. I used Amy's gorgeous April Sketch for inspiration. 

"Flower Girl"

April Sketch:

 Details on Amy's Sketch Challenge can be found here.

Close-Ups
This amazing Petaloo Focal flower is in the FAO Kit. I painted the MK leaves, then stamped with a script and inked the veins and edges. The Flourish is from my stash.

A gorgeous Zva Creative flower from the MK along with the small white MK roses and more of my  Bitty Blossoms mulberry roses. The bird and cage were fussy cut from the kit paper. 

This gorgeous FabScraps Chipboard sign is included in the Main Kit. I painted the post with antique gold metallic paint and heated while wet to bubble for texture. The sign was painted, then edges inked, and when dry covered with Ranger Crackle Accents and allowed to dry overnight to develop the lovely cracks. I cut the title from scraps of kit paper. 

I used molding paste over this flower stencil and at the bottom of the page I used it with my Donna Salazar houndstooth stencil, then spritzed with glimmer mist and a spritz of water, lifting and tapping the page to achieve the drips. The cording in the main kit is just gorgeous. It's covered, so it doesn't look "twisted." It looped beautifully to create this photo frame. I got a bit too much glue in places and added the MK roses around the frame to hide the glue spots. :-) I used a corner punch to create the blue doily. The white doily layers are from my stash. 

The MK roses and Maya Road Metal roses from the EAO kit filled this peek-a-boo opening so beautifully. A few of the metal roses were a bit squished; however, easily put back into place.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Next I have two cards to share with you created using the Main Kit only. First up is a birthday card I created for my husband.

Birthday Card
MK

Close-Ups
This card was a great way to use up bits and pieces of papers left from my other projects!! I cut a variety of strips and flags. All but the bird and happy birthday strips were stamped. I used my printer for the happy birthday piece. The red heart was also heat embossed with clear embossing powder over the ink. 

The flowers and leaves were handcrafted from kit paper using Rose Creations and Bitty Blossoms dies. I had one little piece of cording left and just couldn't bear to throw it out, so I pulled off the covering and took the pieces apart and added to my cluster. This Dusty Attic piece is from my stash. I inked it then heat embossed with clear embossing powder. 

" A Friend Knows Card"
MK

Close-Ups
The cluster includes this sweet Prima flower from a previous ScrapThat! kit and more of my mulberry flowers.

I created this sparkling butterfly with kit paper and the Kaisercraft pearls in the MK. My tutorial for this butterfly can be found here

This card was for my friend, Mandy, who celebrates her birthday on St. Patrick's Day. I chose this Irish blessing for the inside.

To purchase ScrapThat! Kits or to become a subscriber, check out the ScrapThat! Store.

No comments:

Post a Comment