Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Sarah's June Kit Projects!

First, I want to announce that this will be my final month designing for the ScrapThat! kit club. 
I have thoroughly enjoyed every minute of my time with the ScrapThat! Design Team and would like to thank Kaitlyn for the wonderful experience designing for ScrapThat! In addition, I want to thank the rest of the Design Team for being so supportive and such a truly wonderful group of ladies to work with! I wish all of you the best and will surely see you around the scrappy blogs and websites!
Now....onto the Details of my June Kit projects!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Grandpa's Girls
(MK, EAO)
First, I'm sharing the details and close-ups of  one of the two layouts I created with the ScrapThat June Kit  "From Sunrise to Sunset". This layout is based on the ScrapThat! June sketch and features an old photo of me and my sister with our Grandpa (I think the picture was probably taken in the summer of 1977). How cute were my sister and I as little girls!?
I started off the base page (Sunrise Sunset Del Sol) by using the Prima Donna Downey Poppies and Peonies stencil with some Modeling Paste. I then misted the page with four colours of Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist (Lemon Zest, Butternut Squash, Oriental Poppy, Candy Apple Red) that coordinated with the colours of the base page so that the stenciled flowers would take on a similar colour as the base page. Here are a couple of close-ups of the stenciling/misting.
For the torn layers of this page, I used the X-Radient, Celcius and White Hot papers. I am loving torn paper lately and have been using it quite often on my layouts - it is a nice alternative to regular edge distressing. For the borders along the bottom of the picture I tore a strip of paper for the top layer, fussy-cut the scalloped 'lace' from the White Hot paper and punched the bottom border with a Martha Stewart edge punch. I used the Sunrise Sunset Alphabet Letters (Main Kit) for the title and distressed the edges of the letters a bit with my craft knife. Here is a close-up of the layering.
I handmade the flowers on this layout using my Tim Holtz Tattered Florals Die, coffee filters, mists and the Dress-it Up Flats included in the Embellishment add-on (you also see three of the Flat jewels along the right side of the layering). I'm going to have a full-tutorial on these flowers later in the month! I finished off the flower cluster with some leaves cut from the brown ribbon included in the Main Kit and some twisted pieces of raffia-wrapped floral wire (from my stash).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dreamer
(MK, FAO)
The second layout that I created with the ScrapThat! June Kit is based on the Prima BAP for May and, I have to say, it may be one of my favourite layouts ever.

I started this layout by masking the corners with The Crafter's Workshop mini-Cubist template and with Martha Stewart White Texture Effect. I used three colours of Gelatos (Mango, Lemon and Metallic Melon) to add a tiny bit of colour to the masked areas (as well as to the drywall tape in the centre cluster). I then splattered black acrylic paint on the layout, focusing mostly on the bottom left and top right corners (per the corner decorations on the BAP sketch).
I cut apart the Sunrise Sunset White Hot page and used the elements for the layering. I also added in some drywall tape to the layering - I love how this ads dimension and mimics the background page pattern. To create the holes in the paper, I used my Crop-A-Dile Big Bite - I then randomly tore off sections so they would look like torn notebook paper. I distressed the edges of all the papers and created random layers as the mat for my photo. I printed the photo twice and fussy cut both images, layering the two pictures to create extra dimension for the photo (should have taken an angled picture of this so you could see the layering better!).
For the embellishing, I added some pieces of the crystal sheet included in the Main Kit, as well as a few mini-tiles (leftover from our bathroom renovation!).  I also added a bit of doodling at the bottom right and along the left side of the layers and a few random staples around the layers.

In the bottom left, I coloured the canvas flower included in the Main Kit with black acrylic paint. I took off the button and added a bottle cap and added a stamped circle (Prima Sunrise Sunset stamp) to the centre of the bottle cap. I cut the black plastic mesh from the main kit into leaf shapes and added it around the flowers on the layout.

In the top right, I painted the small doily with black acrylic paint and used the white Sunrise Sunset zipper flower and some more of the mesh leaves. I also added a Prima Industrial Lamp from my stash. The title and mini barbed wire Chipboard elements are simply coloured with black marker.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sunrise Sunset Tags
MK, FAO
For my third project with the ScrapThat! June Kit, I created a pair of tags - imaginatively called "Sunrise Sunset Tags".... Lots of fun layering and misting on these Finnabair-inspired tags!  I started off the tags using Prima Julie Nutting Doll Tags as the base. I then cut about a third of the tag off the bottom. For the Sunrise Tag, I reattached the bottom with some 7 Gypsies Vintage Pins. For the Sunset tag, I reattached the bottom with some medical tape that I stamped to create my own "washi" tape. I used the buttons included in the EAO for the "titles" on the tags.
For the sunrise tag, I started the layering off with some cheesecloth from my stash. I then used some paper from and the larger doily from the kit. The Chipboard shaped was coloured with black marker and then stamped/heat embossed with Ranger Holographic Embossing powder. I used the flowers/leaves from the Main Kit, plus some white mini-roses and the butterflies from the May Kit to finish off the embellishing. I then misted the tag with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Lemon Zest, Butternut Squash, Tattered Rose and Oriental Poppy, as well as some Smooch Spritz in Wood Stain  to create my "sunrise".
For the Sunset Tag, I started off the layering with the black plastic mesh from the Main Kit. I then used some  paper and part of the Crystal Sheet included in the Main Kit. The smaller tag in the layering is leftover from the December Kit and the Burlap is from the April Kit. I topped off the layering with a chipboard piece from Michael's. For the embellishing on this tag, I used the metal butterflies from the EAO and the Petaloo Spring Darjeeling flowers from the FAO. I then misted the entire tag with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Candy Apple Red, Oriental Poppy and Lemon Zest, as well as some Smooch Spritz in Black Velvet to create my "sunset".
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you've enjoyed the details/close-ups of my June ScrapThat! projects, which I've shared over the last few days!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
That's it for today!
Thanks so much to all the wonderful ScrapThat! subscribers and fans who have been so wonderful and left such lovely, kind comments on my work! 

1 comment:

  1. Simply amazing projects, Sarah!! You will be missed!! ~ Blessings

    ReplyDelete