Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Altering some of the July ScrapThat! kit elements!

Hi everyone Laura here!  I loved this months kit, but it just wouldn't be me if I didn't alter some things just a bit!  

I wanted to make the felt a little less vibrant so I used a technique I do quite often.

you will need a zip tight baggie
mist
and your felt


 spray some mist in the bag....
add your felt


 squish it around until you have used up all the mist
you may wish to add more mist to make the felt darker



 lay your felt out to dry!



I did the same technique using a green mist with the tulle!


 To alter the flowers just a bit I used a makeup sponge and my brown ink pad and inked the edges of the flower to give it a more distressed look!


 Then I took the green smooch and added a bit more drama to the edges!


voila!


I also sprayed the leaves with a bit of gold mist!


and using a piece of paper I sprayed the end of the butterflies wings




 I didn't want the pearls quite so white for the layout I was working on so...
I used the smooch on them.
I didn't want them dark either, so before the smooch was dry I rubbed a bit off using a paper towel


 and this is what I got!


and here is the finished layout!




3 comments:

  1. That's quite a long yet fun list! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love how you transformed the felt and bling. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, thanks for sharing all these great transformations!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    ReplyDelete