Friday, July 5, 2013

Featured Kit Creations by Natasha Naranjo Aguirre our July GD


Hi everyone! Natasha here to share a few close-ups and details about my projects using this month's amazing kit! It was such a pleasure working with this kit because green is my favorite color and combined with beige, it's one of my favorite color combinations.

"Love Your Butterfly Kisses"
 I made this layout using the Main Kit and the Embellishment add-on.  The photos are of my daughter when she was a baby.  She would stick her nose up at me to give me a butterfly kiss.  :o)

 I distressed the cork alphas that came in the kit and added printed words to my title.

I love paint!  I try to always add a few splatters here and there on my work.  The pearls are included in the kit, and I have placed them so that they cascade down my layout. I altered the flocked ribbon with paint and embossing powder and tucked them under the edges of my papers. 

 I used Natural Sand medium and a stencil to add a subtle texture to my background.

 I cut flowers out of the cork and 'stitched' them to my background paper.  I have a tutorial on how to do this coming up, so be sure to stop by on the 12th to check it out.

To make these little roses, I took the Crate Paper sheet and inked it with Distress Stains to match the color palette of my layout.  Then I used Bitty Blossoms dies to cut out the flowers and rolled them into roses.  The vintage pearl roses are by Maya Road and are included in the Embellishment add-on. 

Also included in the EAO pack are these adorable butterfly clips by Pink Paislee.  Love them!  

"I {heart} U"
 I made this layout using just the Main Kit and I followed Amarylis' sketch.

I cut these ribbon banners from the journaling cards included in the kit.

The larger flowers were hand-made using Rose Creations dies.

This month's kit comes with a Prima stamp that I used to randomly stamp onto my background paper.

I used the tulle to add a laced border to my layout.  You can find the tutorial for my "Twisted Lacing" technique HERE.

How cute are these Scrabble tiles?  I hand cut a tiny heart to use for my title.  

"Accept Yourself" Canvas
For my last project, I created a canvas using all of the leftover papers and bits.


 I tore all the papers and overlapped them onto the canvas.


 I also used pieces of the flock ribbon and pliable mesh to add texture to the background.  Then I applied gesso and ink to the entire surface of the canvas.
 I printed out this inspirational quote that I found on the internet.

All of these flowers were hand-made (except for the tiny roses and pearl roses).

I added a butterfly clip to each of the floral clusters. 

The burlap butterflies are also part of the EAO pack.  They are stunning!

I had a fantastic time playing with this lovely kit!  Thank you to the ladies at ScrapThat for having me as a guest!

Have a beautiful day! Natasha

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Natasha!! These are amazing. You totally rocked this kit. Thanks for designing with us this month!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are just exquisite! Those flowers alone are phenomenal!

    ReplyDelete