Tuesday, July 9, 2013

July Featured Kit Projects by Tracey S.

It's Tracey S. here with my July Kit Projects. 

This gorgeous July Kit is now available for purchase by nonsubscribers in our ScrapThat! Store.

I hope you are having a lovely and fun summer.

This first LO features a photo of our daughter, Elizabeth, on her wedding day. 

"Beautiful Bride"
MK, EAO, FAO

Close-Ups:
I white washed the kit paper by thinning down some gesso with water and brushing it across the page. I then added paint rings, grid stamps and paint splatter. 

Kit tulle is tucked into my clusters for a subtle reference to the beautiful veil in the photo.


The Prima flowers from the FAO Kit were texture pasted, painted, inked and misted. I also white washed the canvas butterflies in the EAO Kit. I removed some of the flower centers and replaced them with the gorgeous resin roses from the EAO Kit, then tucked the little removed centers into my clusters.

I added a key from Craftpon.com and DA chipboard from my stash. The alpha is from a previous ScrapThat! kit.

White washing on the kit leaves along with some more mixed media on the background with the puffy hearts using one of Donna Salazar's new stencils. 

This Prima flower and MK cherry blossom took the mixed media treatment so beautifully! The leaf is a sweet trinket from the Craftpon.com Etsy store.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

This next layout features another wedding photo, Elizabeth and Andrew's wedding rings laid on 1 Corinthans 13 - the love chapter. 

"A Symbol of Our Love"
MK, EAO, FAO

Close-Ups:
A little gesso dry brushed on the FAO Prima Flowers to lighten them up. The little bundles of roses in the main kit vary in color and mine were yellow, so I painted them with gesso and then misted with a golden brown glimmer mist. They are such a gorgeous touch mixed into the clusters. 

 
More flowers.

I selected the interlocking circle stencil from Prima for my background to represent the rings in the photo. 

I save every little bit and piece from the kit. These vine tendrils are the wires I cut off of some of the kit flowers. I curled them around a thin paint brush and then shaped. You can see here how I water distressed and crinkled my mat and page edges.

I heat embossed the kit letters for part of my title and the smaller letters are an alpha from a previous ScrapThat! Kit. 

I punched the corner here and placed kit pearls that I had colored in the center of each punched flower. Isn't this EAO kit butterfly just so charming? 

A dressed up DA piece from my stash and more of the interlocking rings below. 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

My final page showcases an engagement photo of our son, Joseph, and his bride, Rachel. Joseph convinced her to take some photos in this train at the park and that was the beginning of a journey of a lifetime!! 

"Journey of a Lifetime"
MK
Close-Ups:
To pull in the pink from Rachel's top, I used kit paper along with Heartfelt Creations stamps and dies to created the larger focal flowers. I also altered the main kit cherry blossoms and roses to coordinate. 

I cut, distressed, and crinkled the banner flags from kit paper. I also added some snippets of ribbon.


I used the Main Kit Mesh with gesso to "stamp" the bottom of my page. 

I just love the cork alpha set in the main kit. It is so perfect with these papers. I also fussy cut flowers and leaves to tuck around my photo. The other part of my title in the opposite corner is some of the kit cork die cut into letters.

I created this Shimmer Tile from the scrabble tile and sweet Prima stamp included in the MK. My tutorial can be found here
I stenciled some sparkly mixed media onto the background. 
Thanks for visiting with me through my July Kit pages. You are going to enjoy this kit. If you are not a subscriber, you can purchase the July Kit at our ScrapThat! Store.

~ Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment