Saturday, August 17, 2013

Project Details by Lisa Gregory our August Featured Guest Designer

When I opened my kit and saw the Spanish moss, I was stumped, because I live in Florida and the stuff grows wild on my trees. I am always pulling it off in bunches as it chokes the life out of my smaller trees and tossing it in the fire pit. How could something so pretty be so deadly!!  I thought of making little birds nests until  the idea came to make a small wreath to frame a photo.  It worked out perfectly. I saved the clipped wires from the flowers and used them to adhere the moss to a card board circle I created from the packing box. That box our kits came in sure came in handy in more ways than 1!!


I added the Smooch paint to the flowers and leaves. With the smaller scraps of paper, I made some tiny rolled roses. and added a pearl to each center.

 I die cut some smaller vines.
  Here is a closeup of the Spanish Moss wreath.

I love my Martha Stewart deep edge punches. This decorative strip was made by punching both   sides of the paper strip. I added the pearls down the center.

Just another closeup of the flowers.

I created the tiny blue rolled roses from the scraps of extra paper I cut away. Then just added a half pearl to the center.

All I did to the butterflies were paint them with the Smooch and curled up the wings a bit.  I only adhered the body to the paper and as the paint dries, the wings curled on their own.
 

 One more closeup of the opposite corner.
And this is the last project that I created with the kit. I hope you have been inspired as the kit inspired me!! xo

To view more of Lisa Gregory's fabulous work, stop by her blog, What a Beautiful Mess.

2 comments: